The Case Competition
What’s a case competition?
- A case competition is an event where teams receive a case study for a limited period of time. During this period, the teams must identify the most prominent issues facing the company and develop a strategy to address these key issues in order to help companies achieve their goals.
How does it work?
- You will be in a team of 4-5 people of your choice (and if you come as an individual, we will pair you up with others on the spot!).
- You and your teammates will be given one hour to read over the case study and prepare your presentation.
- Your team will give the presentation in front of a panel of judges who will be business experts or UBC Sauder students, followed by a short Q&A session.
- Every team will do two rounds using the same case.
- The highest scoring teams will break to the finals on a different case study.
In the finals, the winning team will receive a $1,000 grant from miniEnterprize to fund their business idea.
Conference Date: Saturday, February 17th
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Opening Ceremonies & Keynote Speaker (TBA)
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Workshop: Case Study Preparation
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Round 1 Preparation
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Round 1 (Case A)
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Lunch and Networking
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Round 2 (Case A)
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Group Discussion (Case B), Finalist Preparation
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Finals (Case B)
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Awards & Closing Ceremonies
To be announced.